Tuesday 3 January 2012

22 hours to go!

Hi all!

Right now I am sitting on my couch at home (in Australia), with a yummy vegan lasagne in the oven, a bottle of sparkling wine in front of me and two of the people I love most in the world at either side. I can't believe that in less than a day I will be on a plane to London (via Koala Lumpor).

As you can see from the picture below, I'm barely half-packed.

That red bag at the bottom is one of the two bags I'm bringing... the other still needs filling. I've got a lot of freshly washed clothes hanging outside on the line, which are to be packed tomorrow morning.

I've started organising 'viewings' for flats for when I get there. Looking at the available rooms on the university's housing site got me quite excited yesterday, daydreaming about having my own room in a far-off city. It also made me feel a bit more 'secure' in my plans, as up until now I only have one weeks worth of accomodation at a hostel for when I get there... but knowing that I will eventually have my own 'home' there settlings my nerves a bit.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I am fully mentally prepared. Packing is hard, because the longest I've ever been away from home was the month I was in New Zealand. So... I can't fully comprehend that I'll be away for 6 months. I'm picking up stuff around my room and thinking 'do I need this? Will I need this?' Then I realise I won't be in my room for a rather long time and I wonder if I should give it a good clean out. Although right now it's cleaner than it's been in weeks though so I'm sure it'll be fine. Hopefully I won't come back to a small colony of small creatures living under my bed, living off of clothing tags and old magazines.

Anyway, next time I update I will be in London.

Much love to my friends and family reading :)

-Cathryn

1 comment: